This Abraj Dahab privacy notice (‘Privacy Notice’) describes how Abraj Dahab (‘we’ or ‘us’) collects, uses, shares, and retains personal information that you provide to us, or that we collect, when you use the Abraj Dahab website located at http://www.dahab.sa.
Please note that if you disagree with anything in this privacy notice, you must not use the sites or mobile applications, or provide personal information to us in connection with Abraj Dahab services.
Table of contents:
- Collection of personal information
- Marketing communication
- Use, sharing and retention of personal information
- How to contact Abraj Dahab and modify your information or preferences
- Modifications to this privacy notice
- Questions, concerns or complaints
1. Collection of personal information
Information you directly and voluntarily provide to us
If you provide your personal data to Abraj Dahab to enquire about properties or events, or if you sign up to become a registered user of any website operated by Abraj Dahab, you will be required to provide certain information as part of the registration process. This information may include your first and last name, email address, telephone number and business or home address.
Membership information is used to communicate with you, to design content and activities that we believe would be of interest to you, and to ensure that Abraj Dahab will not violate any applicable sanctions in providing you access to Abraj Dahab’s services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications from us, please follow the instructions contained in an applicable communication you receive from us.
Abraj Dahab may host events for product knowledge sharing. If you register for a Abraj Dahab event, we will access the information in your account to provide you with information and services associated with the event. If you register for one of our events and you are not a Abraj Dahab member, we will collect your first and last name, email address, business or home address, information about the type of business you work for or with, which we will use to provide you with information and services associated with the event.
Communications with Abraj Dahab
If you communicate or correspond with us by email, through postal mail, via phone or through other forms of communication, including our customer service centre, we may collect the information you provide as part of those communications. For example, if you correspond with us through email, we may collect and store the email address you use to send the applicable correspondence and use it to respond to your enquiry; to notify you of Abraj Dahab events, or other services; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and similar purposes.
Information we automatically collect from you
We may automatically collect information about you when you use the sites or our services. For example, if you access the sites through a computer, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address, pages you have visited and standard web log information. We may use remarketing tools that will serve ads to you based on your location, the content you have explored on our site to render ads to you after you have left our site. If you access the sites through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
We may automatically collect information from you when you use the sites using ‘cookies’ and other similar technologies, such as web beacons. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognise the same browser navigating online at a later time. The cookies are not able to execute code or access other information stored on the computer. Web beacons are transparent pixel images that are used in collecting information about website usage, email response and tracking.
In addition to those mentioned above, third parties may also set cookies when you visit the site. In some cases, that is because we have hired a third party to provide services on our behalf, such as an enquiry form. Because your browser connects to those third parties, they are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities (but not any personally identifiable data) across websites or online services.
Some of our pages use a third-party software provider, such as Optimizely, Unbounce, Hotjar etc to test variations in the content to help us improve your experience. You can view their respective Privacy Policies (and / or opt-out) using these links:
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the sites may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the sites
- the date and time of your visit to the sites
- the amount of time you spend using the sites
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform
This information is collected to enhance the site performance and end user experience. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie.
2. Marketing communications
We may combine your information with data we collect from our vendors and use it to improve and personalise the Abraj Dahab website. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customisation programmess, simply update your communication preferences at email@example.com, or follow the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
3. Use, sharing and retention of personal information
How we use your information
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our current products and to develop new ones. This allows us to:
- Facilitate the creation of and security of your account on our network
- Identify you as a user in our services
- Improve our services, website and how we operate our business
- Understand and enhance your experience using our website, products and related services
- Respond to your comments or questions (and for our support team to provide service)
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news regarding products and services offered by Abraj Dahab
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help us understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity
Legal basis for the processing of personal information from EEA residents
If you reside within the European Economic Area (EEA), our processing of your personal information will be legitimised as follows:
- Whenever we require your consent for the processing of your personal information such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). This article in the GDPR describes when processing can be done lawfully.
- If the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Abraj Dahab or for taking any pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit (b). If this data is not processed, Abraj Dahab will not be able to execute the contract with you.
- Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your information on basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit (c), for example complying in the fields of employment law.
- And where the processing is necessary for the purposes of Abraj Dahab’s legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit (f), for example to detect fraud.
- You may also receive personalised advertising where you indicate to Abraj Dahab specific interests by requesting information about a product or service or by indicating your marketing preferences in the Preference Centre (access to which is provided at the bottom of this page), however, you may also receive general communications regarding new launches, promotions or schemes.
4. How to Contact Abraj Dahab and modify your information or preferences
Questions regarding this Privacy Notice should be directed to Abraj Dahab’s data privacy resource: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to modify the types of marketing email messages you receive from Abraj Dahab, you may do so by following the instructions within the body of any email message that you receive from us.
5. Modifications to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, Abraj Dahab may need to update or modify this Privacy Notice, to reflect changes in our business practices, data collection practices or organisation. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Privacy Notice on the sites, or, if you have provided your email address to us, sending you an email notifying you of the amended Privacy Notice. It is strongly recommended to check the site often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the top. We will in any case not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without your explicit and informed consent. If you do not agree to the changes, you should discontinue your use of the sites, and cease providing personal information to us, prior to the time the modified Privacy Notice takes effect. If you continue using the sites or provide personal information after the modified Privacy Notice takes effect, you will be bound by the modified Privacy Notice.
6. Questions, concerns or complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com